This just appeared!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hard to tell under the blue light but looks like a majano anemone to me.... They can be real harmful to a tank... If it is that I suggest getting it out of there asap before you start seen more of them...

Thanks everyone. Turns out my wife saw it and bought it and didn't tell me. She was playing a prank so when I saw it I was thinking it just grew there :(

She got it from Reefs2go it's a rock flower anemone. She got me, 1 her 0 me... Well actually I ended up with a coral so maybe 0 her 1 me lol.

Craigj247 said:
Lol upload another pic under white light.. Would like to see the guy properly :)

Will do... Gonna have to wait until tomorrow. The light is on a ramp up/down timer so right now it's moonlight. I'll get some nice shots tomorrow at noon when the lights are at it's peak.

Gboy66 said:
It wont move..because i am really sure that it is a duncan;)

Grant, OP already said it was a rock anemone, IME, they really don't move much, if at all. In the past I've had three or four and they never moved from where I placed them. They are a common Carribean anemone, that have a great variety of colors and patterns, and are about the same price, if not cheaper than your average Condylactis. See them in Florida all the time. :)

Flreefer said:
Grant, OP already said it was a rock anemone, IME, they really don't move much, if at all. In the past I've had three or four and they never moved from where I placed them. They are a common Carribean anemone, that have a great variety of colors and patterns, and are about the same price, if not cheaper than your average Condylactis. See them in Florida all the time. :)

Wow i'd like one if they dont move much! Haha, it looks exactly like a duncan. Very cool

Some of the variations are really beautiful. IMO, they are a great little Nem, for a smaller tank. They dont get big either. Don't know if a clown would chose them as a host or not, and the clown would prob outgrow it quickly, but if you had 2 or 3 next to each other, it might make an appealing little bed!

Convict2161 said:
Yes it's def a rock anemone and my clowns hosted my torches which was way cool. I put 2 stems next to each other, different colors and they love it!

Looks cool convict! You sure its a good idea though? They are the same, but that might cause some warefare

Back
Top Bottom