Thoughts on Acclimation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doberman15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

Just wanting to hear around with what ways you acclimate your fish. When I first started my tank I would do the floating bag, and I ended up with about a 60% success rate after the first couple days. I did some research back then, and learned what the drip method is.

I've since switched to drip and it seems to work. I'll put them in a bucket, and let a steady drip in. I dont have a set time that I'll drip until, just until the bucket is almost full so its 95% tank water in the bucket. In the past 10 months or so that I've been doing this, I've only lost one or two fish the next day, and who knows if it was because of the water or because of the bullys.

I learned however that drip is a bad idea because the dripping can cause ammonia levels to spike. Is anyone familiar with that? Any ideas on whats best?

I float the bag and add a certain amount of tank water to the bag over a matter of time, I have never had any loses this way.

Here's a vid showing part of my process an the happy fish a day or 2 later :)

Back
Top Bottom