Thoughts on LED lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GPena25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all -

I have the National Geographic Programmable 30" LED light on my 30-gallon. So far, I love the light, but am curious as to how I should set the timers for the day/night/off cycles.

Also, would this be a good light for plants? I want to start converting my fake plants with real ones.

Thanks for any help/advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have whisteria and swords and they love that light. As far as the timers, I leave mine on daylight all day, go to blue light for a couple of hours the. Off when I go to bed.

Actually, I am curious myself how the plants respond to the NG light. Having said that: photo time can be 8-10 hours a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know! I have been having it turn at 9:00am and turn to night at 8:30pm, then all off at 12:30am. Completely made up times, lol, but I enjoy the lights being on while myself or my family are home...my 3 kids LOVE the tank! I really want to start converting to live plants, just not sure of the best way to go about the switch over...

I would grab a couple of types you like and plant them during a water change. That way you can clean up what you disturb. Even tho plants are not crazy priced, I would still just start with one of each type to make sure they do ok in your tank. If all is well, start the planting.

Sounds good! I will hopefully get to that this weekend! Will update with my success/fail stories, lol...Appreciate all of the help :)

Back
Top Bottom