Thoughts on vodka dosing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suggest to put more blues and shorten the 10000k or white as much as possible until algae is under control. Algae loves lights other than blue. You may need some cucs also for total clean up.

Well. Went to the lfs store today and mentioned I was gonna start vodka dosing. They had a fit and told me to try algae fix first. They said vodka was too risky. Another store told me he has been doing it for years. (10 ml for 110 gall system). Anyway. Dumped a few bio pellets in reactor and added algae fix to system. Ready to nuke this thing!!!!!!

Well. Went to the lfs store today and mentioned I was gonna start vodka dosing. They had a fit and told me to try algae fix first. They said vodka was too risky. Another store told me he has been doing it for years. (10 ml for 110 gall system). Anyway. Dumped a few bio pellets in reactor and added algae fix to system. Ready to nuke this thing!!!!!!

carbon dosing is not for a beginner thats for sure, you need to be able to see signs of stress in the tank and be able to take your time and do things right

Since your Nitrate reading is already 0 there would be nothing left to be removed by those other means. Your best option is to find ways to remove the hair algae first then apply those other means. I have similar problem before but my yellow tang and turbo snails has a good team work. Cutting down the light would be a good idea too.

Back
Top Bottom