Threadfin Rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes. they over rate filters. for a general idea i cut the claims in half and go from there. on the renas xp canisters its even worse then that.

i almost got those celestials for my tank but by the time i got to the store (which was having a 50% off sale) they were gone. the guy said some lady came in and bought them all as soon as the store opened. i was 10 min too late. :(
i was thinking of doing a lot of schools of these nano fish in a 75 gal. do they stay in schools or does something have to be in the tank yo make them school?

I agree with all mg's advice. We have a pretty similar take on filtration and maintenance. ;)

FishEggs, I once turned a 45 gallon into a community where the largest fish were cardinal tetras. I kept the CPD's in there and they school pretty well even in an environment with few perceived threats.

We have 4 of the Forktail rainbowfish (pseudomugil furcatus) and they are doing wonderfully in our 29. We have them with different tetras and some corys. We are planning to go to our LFS today for my b-day present and pick up some Threadfins. :)

From what my LFS has told me, and research I've done, you want the females to outnumber the males. With our Forktails it's the same thing. They are very mellow fish. No one bothers them, they don't nip at anyone else. Our's seem to be mid to higher tank dwellers and our tetras are lower (except the hatchets) On our 29 we have an UGF with a power head (they like fast moving water) and a power filter rated for 30g tank. Heavily planted and red slate. They love swimming in and out of the "holes" in the slate and the females swimming in and out of the plants. I can't wait to add the Threadfins.

So I should do like 2 males and 4 females for the Threadfins? Would that work okay?

There seems to be a lot of fish that have the same situation. I guess I'll just have to do some hunting

I second the ember tetra suggestion. Embers look great in a planted tank, especially when thier orange color comes in real well!

Back
Top Bottom