Three down two to go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

9ujy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have a five gallon tank and stuff.anyways long story short just lost platy oto and gourami all in about 2. Weeks..my ammonia is 0 my alkalinity is high as is water hardness.but I've heard fish can adapt to this...mu nitrites and nitrates are both good.don't have exact lvls with me but they're good...it started out with the gourami not eating then just staying in one spot then dead....I wanna save my other platy and kahuli loach.all fish were fine then it started dropping.iv had my tank about 5 months...here are some pics of the gouramis body:(((((pls tell me if u can see anything..the anus shot is blurry but his hole wad open ...and it had been for like 3 days...I hadn't seen this before

Attachments

• image-2090567898.jpg
    image-2090567898.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1283706499.jpg
    image-1283706499.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 57
  • image-2078731355.jpg
    image-2078731355.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 52
You post is a little bit hard to understand.

How many fish do you have in the 5? Honestly, they could have died from stress or a disease caused from stress from such a small tank.

Well now 2 but before I had 5.I don't think stress...no clamped fins except one..but he's the only living platy now!!!all the ones who died looked fine

9ujy said:
Well now 2 but before I had 5.I don't think stress...no clamped fins except one..but he's the only living platy now!!!all the ones who died looked fine

Well 5 gallons cant house those fish, and it was way over stocked, so possibly stress. Ottos are very fragile little guys, so that could be why that died. Your gourami just seemed unhealthy, as i have had some do this and contributed their deaths to dwarf gourami disease and over breeding

So what should I do with my last platy....all day he sits in a house fins clamped..but I think he sleeps cause when the lights go out..him and the kahuli loach party..can platys be nocturnal?

9ujy said:
So what should I do with my last platy....all day he sits in a house fins clamped..but I think he sleeps cause when the lights go out..him and the kahuli loach party..can platys be nocturnal?

Im not sure, never had them! But the best thing you can do for your fish, is get them a bigger tank. A 10 gallon would suffice

5 Gallons is way too small. You said your nitrItes and nitrates were "good" but I can almost promise you they were not.

I'd take him to a pet store that can nurse him back to health, and start off with fish that actually work in 5g tanks. (which are very limited)

But.. I've responded to your threads and tried to help you in the past. You didn't respond or really take any of my info I tried to give you.

So, good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom