Tiger Barb got nipped bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drew95

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone. One of my albino Tiger Barbs got nipped in the middle of his back fin pretty bad. I don't have a camera handy otherwise I'd post a pic. What should I do? I have some Melafix and Pimafix around, is that a good idea? Do I have to quarantine this guy? Thanks in advance.

the mela/pimafix might help him heal, but if you chose to medicate him, i would personally quarentine

If your water conditions are good it should be okay, keep an eye on it for any type of infection and then I would medicate, but usually fins will heal pretty quickly when the water conditions are good and the fish isn't too stressed. If he keeps getting picked on it could get worse. Take a look at my gallery and you can see one of my first fish that had damage to its fin that healed with water changes and a little melafix if I remember correctly. I think melafix is great for injuries that aren't too serious but remember that if you have labrynth fishes it may harm them. I lost a gourami to melafix before I found out.

Back
Top Bottom