Tiger Nerites laying eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good day everybody. I have 5 tiger nerites in my 55 gal planted tank and it looks like they are laying eggs! There are clumps of little white dots on the glass, driftwood, heater filter intakes....u name it...lol. I have never had these guys before and got them because of their algae grubbing abilities. Is this NORMAL??:eek:

Yes, it is very normal. If you have males mixed in with females, the eggs are probably fertlilized, but not always..... i dont know if there is a way to tell. If you have only females, the eggs aarent fertilized, they just lay the eggs, similar to the way chickens lay empty eggs. Good luck! ;)

Yes, it is very normal. If you have males mixed in with females, the eggs are probably fertlilized, but not always..... i dont know if there is a way to tell. If you have only females, the eggs aarent fertilized, they just lay the eggs, similar to the way chickens lay empty eggs. Good luck! ;)
Do I just scrape them off the glass or wherever they are laying them?

Nerites require brackish water to hatch. Scrapping them off is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom