Time to start thinking about fishes & corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amandry7

Aquarium Advice Regular
Params were good, got a small issue wit salt that will be taken care of shortly... What kind of fish & corals should I look into getting first, don't think that I should get anything to expensive cause is still need to get the hang of what to do going forward...any thoughts for a started crew for fish and corals that will be hardy enough to handle any early ,intakes that I may do?

Tank size
Lighting type.
Future expectations of tank?

In order to give you helpful suggestions on coral and fish, we need to know your specific info

I would start with a pair of clowns there very hardy and adaptable to changes
I would wait on corals a bit and make sure u have really good lighting
For clean up crew u could start with some snails and hermit crabs and a shrimp if u want

Tank size
Lighting type.
Future expectations of tank?

In order to give you helpful suggestions on coral and fish, we need to know your specific info

55 gal. T5 lights...want both corals and fish aquarium...

I would start with a pair of clowns there very hardy and adaptable to changes
I would wait on corals a bit and make sure u have really good lighting
For clean up crew u could start with some snails and hermit crabs and a shrimp if u want

Wow thanks I would have though that I should wait on clowns my kids will be stoked when I bring those home... I ve had a CUC for about a week with, a bristle star and a emerald crab few hermits and a few turbo snails

I started with a pair of ocellaris clowns and there super easy
Can't go wrong

Thank you all for ur help bit I'm still a bit hesitant about buying fish... Params keep looking good cuc crew has been doing well for about 2 weeks now thinking about taking the plunge today and getting some fish

Went to my life stock store...ask for sturdy and peaceful fish to start... They recommended chromis and damsels...were they wrong? I have 1 of the damsel choking away at the other what r my options? Don't think that it will last too much

I personally don't feel that damsels are a wise choice for ANY tank. although a lot of times they start out small and peaceful, they usually turn aggressive and angry once older. they are great for helping to stabilize a new tank but that's it.

Hate to just sit here and let this damsel beat up on the other don't think it will make it to timorrow...I've been taping the screen for over and hour trying to keep him away

Back
Top Bottom