Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks - Patience and a lot of money are key... I'm glad you're going high-tech - I was wanting to see how LED's and an MP-10 / 40 would do in our size tank.

Is the MP-10 going to be big enough? I was thinking an MP40 since its rated 50+ gallons and up.

I figured if I was gonna do this I wanted to do it right. I talked to the sales manager at ecotech regarding the light and the mp10 and mp40. He told me that I should be happy with the light for my tank and that the 40 was prob a bit much. Either way I would rather go with two 10s than one 40, bux for now I'm gonna just get the one 10 to start with and see how it works. Surprisingly I've read that ecotech underrates their powerheads as far as flow. I can't remember the university who did the study but they actually rated the flow higher than ecotech itself. Usually companies tend to overrate their specifications. I just hope I put together a decent tank. Time will tell

Good to know. Research is key, but keep it up and I have no doubt you will have an amazing tank soon enough.

They are very nice looking - thanks!

I'm not unhappy at all, I just had to hash out a new plan when I got home. I actually just planned to have the acro on the right and the pagoda on the left... Just had to switch em.

A local guy that is friends with the guy I deal with at the LFS, is fragging a really sweet pink birdsnest next week, so i got invited back for 1st dibs on the biggest / nicest pieces. Yay!

Just pulled the trigger on a Midas Blenny (which I've wanted since forever), (5) Nassarius snails, and (2) pepperment shrimp from LA.

I just wanted to Blenny, but $75 for one fish (with shipping) was crazy, so I had to add the snails and shrimp and "spread the shipping". LOL

I was trying to find some coral to buy, but 99% was from Wisconsin and addition shipping.

The Midas was my final fish!!! I'm done!

As for corals - I'll looking at the pink birdsnest from the LFS, one more acro.

Kc is sending me some shrooms from his tank, and I have a spot mid - low in my tank for one more coral. Haven't decided what to get yet. After that, it's all about the grow-out as I've run out of room, and it looks like a slice of ocean reef!

Super excited.

On a side note, I just put $1000 on the Hayabusa today, and in two weeks I'll pay off the remianing $300 I owe, and it's all mine. No more cycle payments!

Life is good.

Also ordered a 200 gallon box of Reef Crystals, so I'll start my switch-over this weekend when I do my water change.

A hayabusa that is a big bike do u live in an area where you can use all the potential of that bike cuz I know here in Phoenix you can't not even on the freeways here that is why I had the gsxr 600 and now looking to switch to a Harley Davidson next

Rob, Any suggestions on my last coral? I like your galaxia coral, is that still going good?

I used to have a gsxr 750... Let's just say I lost my license for a while, when utilizing all of its potential (175mph while "outrunning" state police).

I've been good on the busa. Mainly riding the twisties, avoiding the temptation of the straightaways...

I've heard Sedona has like 6 or the top 10 rides in the U.S.

The galaxia I sold only cuz it didn't go with the kind of reef I was going for.... but I am a fan of lps as well like frogspawn torch and hammers I would look in to them

And yes there is great places to ride in Arizona but it is a drive to get to them from Phoenix the canyons that are here are the best but its like a 2 hr. Ride just to get to them

Still sounding like it is going great. I made friends with a guy at my lfs yesterday. I bought a kenya tree that had come out of his tank. Really good price, 30 bucks, considering some things they had for sale were 20 and the size of my thumbnail.

Back
Top Bottom