Tim's 54 Gallon Corner -> Going Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was working on killing a couple majanoes I've had for a few months and I had to keep the water still... Well I took a few neat top down shots that normally I don't get to enjoy.

Really nice tank! I like the rockscape!

Was that Red Montipora that size when you bought it, are they fast growers?

Thanks! It has been a fast grower for me. Since I got it a few months back it's grown 2-2.5 inches all the way around its edges and each plate.

Already happened. I had to move it back about (4) inches because it started shadowing my other corals.

On another note... I decided to go shopping seeing as how I blew my budget this month by $1000 already.

I got some zoas, my 1st ones, and a yellow porites.

And a hitchhiker

Thanks Rob. It's getting there slowly. Only thing left, as far as I know, is my ATO. Then I'm done, equipment-wise, for a while.

I already have an idea what corals I want to add, so I'm pretty close to my plan. I hope my bubble coral pulls through - I feel bad damaging it with the flow like I did.

The skimmer is working great. I can't imagine it still has to break in. In four days or so I've already had two half cups. The 1st was really wet skim, the second is a much drier skim. Just gross and awesome!

Yes...you think you are done...how many times have I said that over the years...
You forget, even after you get all the toys, then it needs to be BIGGER. More frags, more fish, more and bigger equipment.
There is no end to it.

Very true. I only mean I'm going to be done with this tank!

I still have serious plans for a large FOWLR. I am smitten with triggers and I really like lions and puffers as well.

Plan for the next build is looking like a 180 gallon. Want to have a Volitan, puffer or two, huma triggers, and a Niger trigger.

Gonna need mad filtration for all the messy eaters, and I've got to get out of my 2nd floor apt, before a 180 comes back into my life.

I may start getting the equipment ready, so it'll be an expedited process, once the time comes.

Going to work overseas is starting to feel like its not happening, so as soon as I confirm I'm staying in the states, the focus will be on house-hunting.

The 1st week of my LED's the MAX was 60%, last week the MAX was 75%. Should I go up to 90% this week, or can I take it to 100? No need to rush, I'm okay with 90% if needed.

Update: ATO and aqua lifter are here. Also just finished a DIY silencer for my Reef octopus skimmer, and I am extremely pleased.

Dead silent!

Just for fun... Here's some pics of the "best growers" since the install of the LED's. These corals all did well under T5, but have grown exponentially in the past 2 weeks.

My Monti cap has also grown a ton, but it's difficult to get a picture of it now.

attachment.php

What's this one Tim? Loving that!

Back
Top Bottom