Tiny bubbles....their all over the place!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grxrawr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi so, I got a betta fish yesterday, new rocks and a new rock to put in the tank (ornament) cleaned the tank,rocks, and the ornaments with no soap. Put water in it then put the rock ornament in...no there is tiny bubbles all over and my fish is having a hard time swimming around, like hes being pulled back up to the top. Does anyone know what the bubbles are and how i can make them go away. my poor fish cant hardly swim around to the bottom bc he gets pulled back up :( he doesnt have the bladder disease i just got him!.

Are the bubbles on the surface of the water or are they all over the tank? Was this a spur of the moment buy or did you research?

He can have a swim bladder problem even if you just got him. He may have blown the bubbles, or they are from the water you added during the setup.

Welcome to the forum!

Please click this link and read about cycling your tank: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...started-check-out-these-resources-154837.html

It's not as easy as just putting water in a new tank and tossing a fish in. You have to cycle the tank first to be sure the water parameters are safe for the fish.

You may just have a high level of oxygen in your water. It could be a number of things. Please give more information as to whether or not this is a brand new set up, what was put into the tank (chemicals), what instruction you were given by the store, etc.

can you take a picture?
betas swim funny and I believe during mating they make a bubble nest
but if you just changed the water could be something
try taking out all the decos and using just new water and see how it goes
make sure u are using the right water conditioner drops

edit:
one thing i forgot to mention, some sinks and water faucets have an air separator installed
this will add tiny bubbles to your drinking water
what you can do is, fill a jug or bucket of water and let it sit a day or so before using it in your fish tank
you can also buy a jug of distilled water from the grocery store, one jug is one gallon

Back
Top Bottom