Tiny white things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristy3693

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have these tiny white things growing everywhere. They look a little like seashells. Circular, some have a little orange tip. Almost like a feather duster. I tried to take a picture, but they are too small. I tried google with no luck. Any idea?

hmmm really difficult without the picture... can you send any picture you have?

I just use photobucket. Easy and has more space than your account for the forums. I would say that you are correct with them being tiny dusters. It is pretty normal to see a spike in growth of them during the first year of a tank's life. I had them all over my glass for quite a long time.

go to Post Reply under my message (not Quick reply). When there type message and click the paper clip thing.

When it opens up browse for image and then click upload. After upload close the small box - and post message

go to Post Reply under my message (not Quick reply). When there type message and click the paper clip thing.

When it opens up browse for image and then click upload. After upload close the small box - and post message

Yay, I did it! Thanks for your help!

Have you examined anything come out of them yet? I think they are a type of fan worm, i have some similar and noticed little red worms come out. Filter feeders so beneficial i presume but if they're population suddenly explodes I believe i red somewhere that can be an indication you have an excess amount of nutrients in your display. I take a moment of silence everytime I scrub them off the front of my tank 0~0

Awesome! Yup, mine seem to have little red/orange tips. Thank you for helping me identify. For everything I figure out I see two more things I can't identify! Lol

Back
Top Bottom