Tiny worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breezyrae

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, just wondering if anyone could offer some insight on whats in these 2 pics. Thanks :)

Attachments

• Worm.jpg
    Worm.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 135
  • White flowy things.jpg
    White flowy things.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 143
craig_will2513 said:
sorry of subject but i have one of those amonia detecters... do they work

Yeah mine seems to do the job. I test my water too just in case. But, honestly I haven't tested in the past week or so cuz everytime I test, I have very little nitrate in there.

mr_X said:
i would not trust those ammonia monitors. you should have a liquid test kit if you want accuracy.

Mr x - in ur opinion which test kit would u recommend? Cuz my API reads low to zero. Just wanna keep my tank as healthy as possible. I have seen other people talk about this one specific brand(forgot the name, but it was a weird company name) and I was curious if it would be better than API

a little ammonia is a bad thing. zero is good. ammonia is highly toxic. you should never have ammonia present.
are you referring to salifert? they are very good but the API ammonia kit is fine. i would recommend salifert for things like calcium, phosphate, etc.
for ammonia, nitrate and nitrite, API is ok.

Yes that's it it!! Salifert! Yeah, I clean my tanks every week. When I say low Its like .02 or something. Glad to hear API is fine, just when I get more in depth with saltwater I'm gonna try the salifert. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom