Tips of coral white.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EricL

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have noticed that the tips of my corals are white. I have not been able to take a picture of them where it will shot the tips but the pictures attached show what corals I am talking about. Its funny, now that I look at these pictures I can see how much they have grown. Also my anemone has been closed up for almost 2 days now. Any idea why? I am still new at this but having a ball with the reef tank. I have not lost anything yet and it has been almost 2 months!

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 133
Water parameters (Ph, NO2, NO3, NH3, PO4, CA, ALK, temp.) and additional tank info (size, light, age, filtration, etc.) would be helpful to know.

how long since the cycle was finished did you add the anemone and how often are you testing paramaters the first 6months so many changes can take place in the tank It took a lot longer than I thought it would take for my tank to develop stable paramaters testing is crucial until you develop some consistency. And anemones are very sensative to changes in parameters

I agree about the tips. I see it on most of my SPS corals. The fact that the anemone is closed up and has been for a few days now could mean your params are out of whack. Get those test kits out and give us some numbers and lets see what's going on.

Back
Top Bottom