To Many Fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my made a stock list a few weeks ago about what fish I plan on having in my 75gallon planted tank, I came up with this:

15 Serpae Tetras
10 Cardinal Tetras
4 Blue Rams (2xPair)
2 Electric Blue Rams (Pair)
3 Pearl Gourami (Trio)

So I got my Serpae Tetras and they are ALL over there seems to be so many of them and im worried when I add all the other fish my tank will just be over ran with fish. So I am reconcidering having Cardinals.

However I have a theory that my Serpaes are using the whole tank and not schooling because they are the only fish in the tank so they arnt schooling. So im wondering if they will school most the time with the other fish in the tank? If so I would probably have space for the Cardinals.

I have plenty of filtration so this isnt a question of overstocking more so a question on overcrowding

Please Give me your thoughts I am unsure what to do.

I'm concerned about the serpae tetras and the pearl gouramis. Even though that's a big school pearl gouramis are still not as aggressive to persay an opaline gourami, and because they won't hold their own against the tetras and those feelers of theirs are such a temptation I'm not sure about that.

I would like to have at least 4 different types of fish that are good in low ph soft water.

Most community fish would be fine in that, provided it's stable. What kind of fish were you thinking?

I'm concerned about the serpae tetras and the pearl gouramis. Even though that's a big school pearl gouramis are still not as aggressive to persay an opaline gourami, and because they won't hold their own against the tetras and those feelers of theirs are such a temptation I'm not sure about that.

Most community fish would be fine in that, provided it's stable. What kind of fish were you thinking?

Well not really sure what else I could put in it instead that would be a larger size fish. that would look good in the planted tank. I love gouramis but I am open to other ideas.

Rummys? Not too large but get like 15 and theyd look soo sick. And ya, if you put some bigger fish in there, the tetras would school tightly.

They will probably start schooling when bigger fish get in the tank. That's a lot of rams for the tank, it's a large tank but personally I'd only go with 2 pairs because when one group decides to spawn they are going to have lots of squabbles.

I have planned my tank to accommodate 3 pairs and have talked to a few breeders and showed them my layout and everyone of them said 3 pairs will be fine. My tank has 3 separated areas from plants and this will give the rams their space while breeding.

bruinsbro1997 said:

I have ten tiger barbs with my pearl gourami and he holds his own just fine. Get a male and he should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom