To much light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggalz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a bunch of low light plants...i have java ferns in my 55 tank most sit at the very top and are covered in algea etc...i assume its to much direct light for them?

i also have a few other different low lights in my 9 gallon tank..i have a java fern in there, pennywort, stricta, blassii, and a dwarf saggitaria...the biube pure has an led with it..i bought a clip on light thats 6,400k i believe..i have both running at the same time..is this to much for these plants?

The plants in my low-light tanks get a little algae on the leaves if they get too close to the lights. You can try dosing some hydrogen peroxide directly on the algae with a syringe.

It's nearly impossible to have too much light on your aquarium. Unless it's a high-power LED on the tank, I doubt it's contributing much.

i dont think its hi powered...on either of the tanks..i know the biube isnt..the leds on the 55 is better but not as high...since i put in a clear top it lets in wayyy more light..i think i'm going to put them towards the bottom..the ferns down there look better...my other tank..doesnt look so bad one of the plants is disappearing..the other looks yellowy...and my pennywort keeps breaking off and floating around at the top

Back
Top Bottom