Too little problems...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarius

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got 2 small problems/ questions here.
1) I have 4 fiddler crabs, and i can only find 3. i know it didn't escape, but i can't find a body. If one fiddler was to die, would the others eat it?
2) I recently bought some java moss for my other tank. i don't know how to plant it, so instead of letting it float, i put it on the ground and put some rocks on it to keep it down. Very few rocks. Is that a good idea? If not, what should i do?

Yes, the others would eat it... but the shell would be left over.

Are you absolutely sure that it didn't escape? They are very good at getting out of tanks.

No idea on the Java Moss, sorry!

Yeah, do keep an eye out for the fiddler in places you wouldn't expect it. If its not in the tank it most likely escaped.

The java moss should be fine where it is; you can either let it float or attach it to rocks and driftwood. The bits UNDER the rock may not do well since you've placed the rock over it instead of tying to the rock (no light), but it may well attach to the rest of the rock.

One way to deal with java moss is find something you want to attach it to (a big rock, some drift wood) and tie it down with a piece of green cotton thread. This will allow it to root onto the substrate, with the thread not being really seen and then eventually the thread will disintigrate over time. It works well with Java fern as well.

Look in your filter, if you have a HOB.

My Male Fiddler loves to get in there for some bizzar reason, I've also found them hanging upside down from my hood [ No fricken idea how he got up there! ]

and yes, They are true escape artists, So if you start to smell something funky in a few days you'll know what its coming from.

Back
Top Bottom