Too many fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommeejo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!! I have a 75 gal tank and have 9 fish so far plus some snails and crabs and 2 cleaner fish. I was thinking about getting a couple more fish, is that ok to add more or do I have enough?

What fish do you currently have in there?

4 chromis, 2 clown, 1 yellow tang, 1 marine beta, and one other one that I can't remember what it's called here's a picture of it though. Also a brittle star.

image-1472742056.jpg

Sorry it's blurry!! It has a black spot on the top o it's back fin

4 chromis, 2 clown, 1 yellow tang, 1 marine beta, and one other one that I can't remember what it's called here's a picture of it though. Also a brittle star.

Thats a pretty good bioload so id say your full stocked.

Ok thank you!! I heard its 1 fish every 10 gallons and I heard someone else say 1 every 5 gallons, I thought the first one sounded better! Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok thank you!! I heard its 1 fish every 10 gallons and I heard someone else say 1 every 5 gallons, I thought the first one sounded better! Happy Thanksgiving!

That rule is stupid, 10 inch oscar in a 10g is a common example. Or 10 goldfish in a 10g, another example. It depends on the bioload of the fish and how much bioload you have in your tank. also tank size fits in to the equation for swimming space. So i would stay at what your at right now and get a CUC, hermits, porcelain crabs,emerald crabs, some snails stuff like that. Invertabrates give the tank a night life!

Can your try and get a better pic? Happy thanks giving to you too! And to the fishes aswell :)

Here is a better picture thanks for all your help!!!

Blue damsel, agressive little guys, may some times pic on tank mates but usually just other damsels. I would give it back to the lfs and the. Get a fairy wrasse to lighten up the tank up. Make sure to acclimate it well, drip for an hour or so. Heres a link to some reef safe wrasses. Take a look around live aquaria and see if you like anything, then ask on here. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=15+1378

What is lfs? Lol I'm sorry I'm pretty new to all of this! He is super fast and is always swimming around kicking up sand but we JV had him for over a year.

Tank stock seems fine, dont add any more fish and be prepared to rehome the tang if it gets real big. Other than that, good :)

Back
Top Bottom