too much current in my 20 Long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rkrk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. New to the tank and I am wondering if having my aqua clear 30 filtering to capacity is creating too much current in my tank?

Seems like the fish clearly avoid the area under the outflow from the filter.

thanks and sorry for the newb question

rk

No question is newb but I wouldn't think it would be bad unless your fish are resting on the gravel then it's too powerful but next to it would were fish often avoid

I think it depends on the fish; some enjoy swimming into currents. You could try raising the water level if you have not already. This should reduce the splash.
I am not a fan of the way the water flows out of HOB filters. It either drops straight down or nearly straight down and pushes plants around and may create a depression in the substrate. I described a DIY solution in post #3 of the following thread: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236365
It allows one to direct the flow toward the surface or towards the front pane of the glass. I am running TWO AC50s in a heavily planted 20g long with no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom