Too much Quick Cure!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PzIkHo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a horrible mishap this morning. I noticed my redtail shark had ich yesterday, so I began treating the tank with quick cure. Well the top popped off, and about half the bottle (all that was left) went in the 20 gallon aquarium!

I started looking around online and found this website. I've replaced my carbon filter with a brand new one and turned it on, and I've done about a 50% water change.

is there anything else I should/can do? or are my little buddies as good as gone?

With the 50% water change you should be fine. If your fish start to show signs of stress, do another 35% water change.

By the way, when treating fish for ich with medicine you're supposed to take the carbon out of your filter. Carbon sucks the meds out of the water.

I would suggest stop using meds and raise your temperature up to 86 degrees gradually...about 2 degrees every few hours...let it sit at 86 degrees for about 12 days.

I had the carbon filter out, I just put it back in once I realized I dumped half a bottle of formaldehyde into my aquarium =[ I wish I would have found this place a long time ago, if so I would have never even wasted my money on the quick cure.

Thanks a bunch for the advice, I'll do the heat treatment, hopefully everything will be ok

I would finish with the QuICK Cure. I used it before, and everything was cleared up in 3 days. The heat takes 10+ days.

Back
Top Bottom