Torn fins on angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
That's how I feel right now, and rightly so. I remember posting about how well my dwarf gourami and angels get along a day or so ago, and true, everything seemed fine. Well, I came home today to my precious angel gasping, hovering at the bottom of the tank. I noticed her fins, which looked fine yesterday, were tattered. I could have cried. I was so angry..and I'm ashamed to admit it but that was the first time I'd ever considered flushing a fish (of course I wouldn't). Anyway, I called a friend of mine who is a fellow aquarist and she agreed to take him for me. I have him in a large net that is submerged at the surface while I wait for her to come by. Oh well, I guess I was being cocky, thinking my fish were an exception. It pays to listen to good advice from experienced fish keepers. So let this be a warning to anyone who trusts a gourami...watch out! They're beautiful and interesting, but they are sneaky little buggers. BTW, I've had him for months and he never did anything to any of my fish.

Oh yeah, my water quality is really good, so will she heal on her on? Should I do anything for her?

Reygan2 said:
Oh yeah, my water quality is really good, so will she heal on her on? Should I do anything for her?

Great water quality, and a safe tank and your angels fins will grow back perfectly!! They wont, however, if they are damaged to the roots. But i take "tatters" as in they are just a bit ripped. I am so sorry, and hope your angel pulls through! What type of dwarf gourami?

The two side fins that they primarily use, and about a half an inch off the top fin.

Back
Top Bottom