Tragedy Strikes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MommaFishels

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today I came home from work to find my Orange Diamond Watchman Goby swimming in circles. I noticed that his head was red under his skin (where his brain would be and you could see a vein) so I'm not sure what happened. He could only make right turns. Well hours of him swimming and going in circles, he finally died. Has anyone seen this before? I am very sad as he was one of the first fish I got for my tank! Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, I did a test because it freaked me out and my parameters are:
0 ammonia
0 nitrite
0 nitrate
8.4 PH
Last water change: Sunday (RO/DI water with salt mixed for 24 hours)
Water parameters were same as above before the water change.
I have a 75 gallon with live rock and changed out 15 gallons.
Nothing new has been introduced in the tank.

Hard to really tell but sometimes if they swimming around erattically then there is a swim bladder problem. Like I said it`s really hard to tell but that would be my guess.

Wierd.

Sounds like he burst a blood vessel in his head causing brain/nerve damage.
Could be he got startled and slammed headfirst into your canopy or glass?
Definitely appears to be a freak occurrence as opposed to a typical fish disease.

The world will never know...

My condolences.

Wow, that is a new one. Sorry for your loss.

I freaked out or diamond watchman while cleaning one time and he headed like a rocket right up the top and ran into the tank cover. Maybe something similar happened to yours and he hurt his head. Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about your loss. These things do happen and we never know why. It's just part of the hobby.

Yeah. I hate losing fish. Thanks for all of the feedback. I also thought he might have darted up and hit the egg crate. I hope this doesn't happen again, he was such a fun little critter.

Back
Top Bottom