Transfering to a bigger aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hyrules

Aquarium Advice Activist
In a week or two, I'm gonna go and get a 55 gallon aquarium and transfer all my fishs to this new aquarium. So my question is simple how do I proceed. I currently have a 15 gallon aquarium. Do i have to start a completly new cycle or do i have to use some of my current water and filter in the new tank. what would be the best steps in order for a smooth transfer for my fishs ? ( take note that i'm buying completly new equipement and nothing from the old tank will be going into the new one except the fishs)

Just run both filters on the new tank concurrently for 6 weeks or so. Everything should go just fine. Move all the fish at once when you move the filter over. Just be sure the PH and temperature in the new tank is close to the old one. Good Luck and enjoy the new tank.

for the temperature it's easy to do but for the ph... i tend to be lower than normal about 6.5 generally. I`m not able to rise it permenantly.

In that case after the filter is running introduce the fish to the new tank the same as if you brought them home new. Acclimate them for a while by adding some new water to the bucket there in every ten minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom