translucent film?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thebluyak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I get this translucent film on the top of my fishs water, the rest of the water is crystal clear. Whenever I do WC's it removes the film but then its back again a few days. It doesnt seem to bother my fish, just kinda hate to see it. This is a 10 gal semi planted with 5 lemon tetras 2 bloodfin and 1 veil angel. They eat like little piggys so it doesnt even seem to be affecting them, just kinda want it to go away for visual reasons.

sounds like a protein build up. My 10 gallon that was heavily planted had that too. Looked similar to gasoline on water. It never did really go away until I upgraded tanks so I can't tell you what to do.

I have the same thing. I have no idea what it is, but my gourami is constantly building bubble nests so I take it my fish are happy.

Try floating a paper towel on the surface to soak it up. That can remove a film off the surface very well sometimes.

I have the same thing in my planted 10 gal. Seems to be worse after I add flourish, but that could be my imagination. I skim it off with water changes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom