Traveling Bags for Small Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMollyJenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm sorry if this page is in the wrong place, I didn't know exactly where to put it.

So I promised I would give some guppies to friends, they still are a little small and are about two mouths old. I just realized, how am I going to get them to my friends' houses? I have some used Petco fish bags and was wondering if those would be ok but the thought of them being used is making me a little nervous. Any suggestions of what I could use to transport them? At most, they would be in the bag for 30 minutes, not including the time putting them in the tank (letting temperatures adjust etc.).

Any ideas on what I could use to transport my guppies? If you think they are still too young to be transported, you can just say so. Thank you for reading and please leave a suggestion!

Give them another month or so, I keep all bag when buying fish and when I give my platy baby's away or give them to my lfs I use these bags never had a problem add a little tap safe as it reduces stress and never put air in it as it pollutes the water faster, tie it with an elastic band ad this is easier to release and you can use the bag again ;) by doing this I have kept fish in a bag and shipped them 8 hours away from where I live and never experienced any problems

Sent from my B1-710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you so much! ? But now I'm curious, what's the best way to get the air out of the bag? Is there a tube you need or something to suck the air out?

Thank you so much! ?de0a But now I'm curious, what's the best way to get the air out of the bag? Is there a tube you need or something to suck the air out?

No just tie it off. The other person meant don't breath into the bag. If you had an air hose for like filling tires you can do that but not normal breath

^^^^ what he said lol sorry my fault

And sit them In a dark bag or box when transporting as this will reduce stress as well :)

Back
Top Bottom