Treat ideas for BN pleco?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessipanda

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any ideas for supplements/treats for a bristlenose pleco?
I currently feed him algae tabs, zucchini, cucumber, and spinach. He really loves the spinach.

Just looking for some other things I can feed him. Thanks! :)

Bananna

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Canned French cut green beans with no salt
Sweet potato. I cook it in the micro but I'm sure you could bake or boil it instead.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Basically most veggies that you would eat or should be eating are fine. Also chunks of water melon, cantaloupe, seedless grapes cut in half, a strawberry. The veggies that I avoid are citrus fruits, tomatoes, avacados, hot peppers, onions. Some ideas, any kind of squash, broccoli florets raw, carrots, celery, green beans, any dark leafy greens, pumpkin, cukes, yellow beets, any kind of cabbage, bok choy, sugar snap peas, green peas. etc. Try things more than once because they have to learn that it is food. I bought one of the mini pumpkins and cut it in three pieces , took out the seeds and strings and put a piece in each of my tanks for my three plecs and they were all over it first time. Alison

Banana?? Really? Lol sounds messy but I'll try it. He did like the small piece of apple I gave him a few weeks ago...

It is messy, that's why I don't do it haha.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Basically most veggies that you would eat or should be eating are fine. Also chunks of water melon, cantaloupe, seedless grapes cut in half, a strawberry. The veggies that I avoid are citrus fruits, tomatoes, avacados, hot peppers, onions. Some ideas, any kind of squash, broccoli florets raw, carrots, celery, green beans, any dark leafy greens, pumpkin, cukes, yellow beets, any kind of cabbage, bok choy, sugar snap peas, green peas. etc. Try things more than once because they have to learn that it is food. I bought one of the mini pumpkins and cut it in three pieces , took out the seeds and strings and put a piece in each of my tanks for my three plecs and they were all over it first time. Alison

Wow! Awesome! I didn't realize they could eat so many different things! Thank you Alison! Can't wait to try these. :)

You are very welcome. I have 3 BN plecos and half the fun is feeding them. Not to mention going though the veggie isle picking out things for them to try. And by the way. Also any sweet peppers are fine as well, green ,red yellow, orange, I also would not try pineapple just because it can be kind of hard on your mouth. It will also get you eating healthier. Also Cauliflower is fine. Alison

Back
Top Bottom