treating babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bminnow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im just wondering when others treat their babbie for ich and fungul meds?
My new pair of convits hae babbies 10 days ago and the hatch has turned out exceptonally well. I have approx 200 that have surived to this point, my best mortality rate yet breeding fish. I will pull the babbies in a few weeks when they are not so dellicate and place them in a grow out tank to them selfs.
In the past i have treated babbies for ich and then melafix two weeks after. I do this before i sell or trade so that i know my fish are as healthy as can be, and so im not the cause of an outbreak. I treat when they are roughly toonie size (half dollar for my american friends lol).
So im curious when others treat, if they treat as i would like to pass these on a little earlier than i normally would.

There's no need to medicate if there's nothing wrong. Personally I don't think I would buy medicated fish. That to me says your doing something wrong

Thanks for the input. As i say i do this as a preventative. I quarenteen and treat any new fish coming in, so my thought process is to do the same going out. Maybe im being overly cautious.

I think you are. Quarantine should be observation first medication when something is wrong. And if you don't trust the fish leaving you tank as being healthy, why should your buyers?

I definatly see your point, i do trust my water and set ups and have not had any issues. I have always figured that juviniles are very vulnerable to almost everything i want to give them the best start possibe. That being said when i pick my breeders out of my hatches they dont get treated so i agree im probly being over zelious. Thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom