Treating ich and adding fish URGENT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One more question on that. I have a 90 gallon tank but IDK for sure how many gallons of actual water are in there. Should I treat for 80 or 90 gallons? 85? lol thanks

I would reduce the water level if you can stand the noise if you have a hob, to a level you can treat easily.

I would do 50% pwc, then add back water two 75% and do appx 50% again and then add water up to half a tanks worth.

Not sure of the cost of the Triple Sulfa, but the Maracyn Two is pretty expensive especially for such a huge tank about $26 a box and I needed 2 boxes for my tank at just about maybe 40G of water in the 72G tank. Can't remember for sure at the moment.

It's $17 per box and each box treats 100 gallons. I would probably use 8 packs (for 80 gallons) so I would need 4 boxes ...because the water level is fairly low now about 4-5 inches under the top...I'm going to do at least a 50% change in the morning. Would have done it tonight but I accidentally burned a giant hole in my siphon tube (it fell onto the stove lol)

If I lower it even more I could get away with 3 boxes though!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Don't change temp you will put fish in shock simply get these two items and your fish will be fine ! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415383508.672134.jpg

You've used natural remedies to treat columnaris? Temp is already back to 75 and they're fine. I did it very slowly. Also I've got ich and columnaris simultaneously...

Ok for anyone still on this thread. I switched to Triple Sulfa to treat the columnaris. It's been a fast killer and I've lost 3 angels, 3 rams, all rummy nose and neon tetra, several amber tetra and several cory cats. The remaining fish have responded well to the triple sulfa, but I believe one ram still has ich ...can I safely treat for both at the same time with meds? Or after my treatment with triple sulfa is complete, go ahead and raise the temp for the ich? My last treatment is tomorrow morning and Thuraday morning I will do a large water change and that will be it (except the ich)

Could the white spots be something other than ich? Maybe fungus? They do look a little larger than ich usually is maybe?

Ok for anyone still on this thread. I switched to Triple Sulfa to treat the columnaris. It's been a fast killer and I've lost 3 angels, 3 rams, all rummy nose and neon tetra, several amber tetra and several cory cats. The remaining fish have responded well to the triple sulfa, but I believe one ram still has ich ...can I safely treat for both at the same time with meds? Or after my treatment with triple sulfa is complete, go ahead and raise the temp for the ich? My last treatment is tomorrow morning and Thursday morning I will do a large water change and that will be it (except the ich)

Could the white spots be something other than ich? Maybe fungus? They do look a little larger than ich usually is maybe?

So sorry to hear how bad it is, there are several strains it seems yours is a pretty bad one. Hang in there you are in the home stretch.

Is it possible to get a pic for people to look at the spots?

I just got home from work and she looks better than before (at least with the spots) She's very pale still so hopefully she'll come out of it. There are a few spots left, so let me know if they look ich-y to you ;) Before she was covered in them, then they went away, came back, and now faded again...over the course of maybe 5 days? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415784397.552998.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415784416.916459.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415784431.796321.jpg

From what I can see they look like they have sharp edges and to me look like Ich. Not fuzzy.

Thanks :) I looked again and no more white spots but she's rather lethargic still. Would it be advised to raise the heat again to treat for the ich now that the columnaris meds are done? (As of tonight)

Thanks :) I looked again and no more white spots but she's rather lethargic still. Would it be advised to raise the heat again to treat for the ich now that the columnaris meds are done? (As of tonight)

I would get the water cleaned up with carbon if you have it and some pwc's and you can start with the raising temp a couple degrees per day so that after a few pwc over a few days, you will kinda have a fresh start. The meds and high temps can be a problem from what others have told me.

Do you know what your KH level is?

My QT tank has a fish which looks like it has Columnaris so I have been doing some extra reading today...I have been enjoying the information from the earlier noted link to american about aquarium chemistry.

I would get the water cleaned up with carbon if you have it and some pwc's and you can start with the raising temp a couple degrees per day so that after a few pwc over a few days, you will kinda have a fresh start. The meds and high temps can be a problem from what others have told me.

Do you know what your KH level is?

My QT tank has a fish which looks like it has Columnaris so I have been doing some extra reading today...I have been enjoying the information from the earlier noted link to american about aquarium chemistry.

So happy for a fresh start tonight! But no, I don't know the KH....keep meaning to get a test for that

Back
Top Bottom