Treats for my Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Creamhorses

Aquarium Advice Freak
Our veggie garden is doing well again this year, as well as the potatoe beetles that devour leaves. It's always been my habit to crush the beetles [the mature ones have hard stripped shells], but the young freshly hatched ones are soft, and make a red mess like tomatoe sauce between the fingers.

Anywho....I began feeding a few of these youngin's to my fish once a day. The clown loaches absoloutly love them, as well as the male krib. Our angels take a poke @ them, but rarely stay on their prey when it falls to the bottom. We have 5 clowns ~2+ inches. They are a riot to watch.

Although these little soft red bugs are liked by certain fish, they aren't as welcome as earth worms [cut up] which cause a frenzie once or twice a week. But for me, I love to watch the little bugs get consumed instead of consuming our potatoe leaves. Take that!! you nasty bugs.

CH

Since these bugs are outside, you run the risk of contaminating your tank with any number of things. Just be aware.

Back
Top Bottom