Trigger and Porcupinefish in a reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Genix

Aquarium Advice Regular
i'm planning a 90 gallon (or possibly a 75 gallon) saltwater tank. i really want to keep a porcupinefish and a picasso trigger. i'll also have a small group of damsels and a tang. i'm going to purchace the larger fish as young as possible. now i also want to have corals. does anyone have personal experience with triggers or porcupinefish destroying corals? seems like i could at least get away with softies.

WOuld be a crap shoot, IMO. I have read of Porcupine puffers in reefs but not sure about the Picasso. Nigers are supposed the safest. You not be able to have any inverts though. Snails and shrimp would be dinner.

Not sure if a 90 will be big enough for all those fish. The porcupine, trigger an tang can get big fast. The porcupine and trigger are messy eaters too.

I have kept porcupine puffers and some are docile and some are mean.

Porcupine puffer and a Trigger in a Reef is impossible. i mean you cant have inverts and they will pic at everything else.

Sorry to say that a reef would look like a buffet to these fish. May as well give them little plates.
Not a good idea IMO. The fish you mention would be best in a FO system.
Also a bigger system would be needed to keep these kind of fish.

Back
Top Bottom