Tropical plant resources...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've done saltwater, high light requirement anemones, hard and soft corals - several hundred watts of metal halide supplemented with actinic, 10k, even 25k pink tubes - I'm pretty familiar with the spectrums needed to ensure proper growth where that's concerned.

That being said, I'm fairly certain can figure out the lighting needs of the plants I pick at a later time. I mostly needed a resource that could identify plants that would do best in warmer water, since most of the places that sell plants seem to only sell things that likes temps under 78F. I live in Texas, so the water temp is going to have a hard time staying at or under 76F when that's the ambient room temperature.

Rivercity gave me a nice starting point, and has a few options, but most were derivatives of the same plant - was hoping to expand my selection base.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've done saltwater, high light requirement anemones, hard and soft corals - several hundred watts of metal halide supplemented with actinic, 10k, even 25k pink tubes - I'm pretty familiar with the spectrums needed to ensure proper growth where that's concerned.

That being said, I'm fairly certain can figure out the lighting needs of the plants I pick at a later time. I mostly needed a resource that could identify plants that would do best in warmer water, since most of the places that sell plants seem to only sell things that likes temps under 78F. I live in Texas, so the water temp is going to have a hard time staying at or under 76F when that's the ambient room temperature.

Rivercity gave me a nice starting point, and has a few options, but most were derivatives of the same plant - was hoping to expand my selection base.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im pretty sure the majority of fully aquatic plants will be ok for your normal tropical fish tank temps

Back
Top Bottom