Trouble cycling, not sure where i am (help again)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the more the better. If you have enough filter material from your other tank you could potentially completely skip the cycle altogether.

I just changed some of the filter material, added some sponge and half new ceramic noodles, tomorrow ill move the rams :) they happily ate a rogue snail I smooshed in the tank haha at least there eating and swimming now!

And a picture of my hopefully female :)

I noticed they seem to be breathing rabidly, is this something rams usually do? I noticed them doing it in the shop as well

Attachments

• image-4199260248.jpg
    image-4199260248.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 35
I had to move my ram out of the tank as the other had died. Today I will be picking up my new light and adding some more plants as well as looking for some RO water.. Currently the other ram is floating in my betta tank and I'm slowly introducing him to the new water, hopefully he stays okay until the other tank gets better.

I did have a question about my plants, I had some good healthy vals and they have been almost melting :/ is this normal?

Released the ram into the betta tank and no issues so far, they sized each other up but the ram backed down and went to the bottom of the tank :) the betas bigger anyway so I doubt there will be an issue for the time being.

I bought some more plants and my second light, I also picked up some water that's advertised to be 100% pure with nothing in it, better then ammonia ridden tap water. I also added two mystery snails to the tank to eat this Algea that's growing :) ill be adding the lights and planting the plants tonight as well as a big water change after I test this new water I bought..

Tested the clean water from the supermarket and it was perfect, 0 for everything and ph was mid range.

I added it to my tank as an 70% water change and added my new plants and my second light! (Picture is of it currently) :)

Ill let the tank settle and then test again tomorrow, I'm hopeful that this will help my cycle along now that its totally pure clean water now!

I think once it settles and the plants get a little stronger ill rescape it so its not so randomly placed everywhere!

Attachments

• image-3998705706.jpg
    image-3998705706.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom