Trouble feeding frogs due to competition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RhieCruz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im having trouble feeding my mini freshwater frogs. All the other fish are accessing the bloodworm before they can even touch the bottom of the tank. Any suggestions ? and lastly how big do they get ( the frogs )?

RhieCruz said:
Im having trouble feeding my mini freshwater frogs. All the other fish are accessing the bloodworm before they can even touch the bottom of the tank. Any suggestions ? and lastly how big do they get ( the frogs )?

African dwarf frogs? Some people use a turkey baster to put the food right in front of them, I think I read they are blind or have bad eyes so it can be harder for them to get to food.

Yes, dwarf frogs if that's what they are (clawed frogs are different and can get much larger) are nearly blind so they can be hard to feed in a tank with fish. ALso are the bloodworms frozen or freeze-dried? Freeze-dried foods aren't good for frogs as they are prone to bloating. HBH Tag and frogpole bites are good for frogs too. Try a turkey baster and shoot the food right near the frog.

Back
Top Bottom