True or Not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaKitty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Brown banded Mystery Snail that escaped from a bowl during tank cleaning.....the poor little guy fell onto the kitchen floor and broke off a piece off his shell on the bottom! Ive read that it will grow back if you give them a calcium supplement. Ive heard that if you put another shell in the tank that they can move into it? I was just wondering if this is true or not?:whistle:

I have a Brown banded Mystery Snail that escaped from a bowl during tank cleaning.....the poor little guy fell onto the kitchen floor and broke off a piece off his shell on the bottom! Ive read that it will grow back if you give them a calcium supplement. Ive heard that if you put another shell in the tank that they can move into it? I was just wondering if this is true or not?:whistle:

They can't move into another shell like a hermit crab can. Their bodies are attached to the shell. However, it is true that it will rebuild the shell if it has enough calcium in its diet. You can also superglue (cyanoacrylate gel only) a piece of clean eggshell to the place where the shell is damaged to protect it until the shell can repair itself. Just be careful to clean the shell very well, and remove all of the membrane from the inside part of it. And do not get any superglue on the body of the snail itself. Make the piece of shell large enough that you can glue it around the edges of the hole without getting any squeezed into the hole itself.

True or Not

Also i was wondering if this calcium supplement would affect my betta in a bad way???
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom