Trumpet Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobnjen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The 'neon' is disappearing off of my newest trumpet coral...!!!...????? I do not understand. My levels are all good - including calcium. Could my turbo snails or something be eating it?

We have metal halide and t5 lighting. The coral is about 6-8 inches from the top of the tank the light is about 12 inches from the top of the tank. Thank You

maybe you should try lowering it you could be bleaching it from the bright lighting

Did you slowly acclimate it to the top of the tank? Trumpet likes lots of lot but needs to be done little by little start out at the bottom let it fully open (usually takes 1-2 weeks) move it up a little and do the same thing repeat this process until you get it where you want I have a feeling your halides may be bleaching it

bobnjen said:
We have metal halide and t5 lighting. The coral is about 6-8 inches from the top of the tank the light is about 12 inches from the top of the tank. Thank You

Not sure but I know my trumpets don't like to be directly under the mh's...

I would tend to agree that it might be getting too much light that close to the top. Try moving it lower.

Back
Top Bottom