Trying my hand it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After your comment on another thread directed at me you need to read your openning post. DG was in the "or" group. Not once has anyone in this thread said you can't have a DG not even in a 37. I advised against an angelfish. But in a 37 instead of an angel a DG or Pearl Gourami would work. Personally I prefer Honey Gourami's.

After your comment on another thread directed at me you need to read your openning post. DG was in the "or" group. Not once has anyone in this thread said you can't have a DG not even in a 37. I advised against an angelfish. But in a 37 instead of an angel a DG or Pearl Gourami would work. Personally I prefer Honey Gourami's.

Thank you. I was not trying to pick a fight and it has been others in other posts advising against it. So how would this sound
1 apisto
1 German blue ram
1 pearl gourami or honey gourami
4 Julii Cory cats
6 cherry barbs
Now in another thread, you said is be ok with another school of 6 harqualine a. So if I did a 37, could I do both?

Thank you. I was not trying to pick a fight and it has been others in other posts advising against it. So how would this sound
1 apisto
1 German blue ram
1 pearl gourami or honey gourami
4 Julii Cory cats
6 cherry barbs
Now in another thread, you said is be ok with another school of 6 harqualine a. So if I did a 37, could I do both?

I personally would up it to 8 cherry barbs, and call it stocked. You have the bare minimum of a school of barbs there which could lead to aggression if someone fell sick. you have a solid bottom feeder school, and three nice centerpiece fish. adding a whole extra school is going to jump your bioload and give you no room for error with water changes. Just because you "can" doesnt mean you should. think about the health and happiness of your fish. do you want dull colored, unhappy fish with a shortened lifespan or do you want happy vibrantly colored fish that thrive for years? Its your tank like rivercats said, we are just here to help you based on our experiences.

My pearl gourami is wonderful! I would certainly say yes on one of those. I also have silver hatchetfish that hang out at the top of the tank. They're really fun.

Back
Top Bottom