Tunze 9002

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhino

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am considering getting into reef keeping and already have a 36 bowfront I am considering using. Would I need a protein skimmer? If so which one do you recommend? I am considering the tunze 9002.

In my opinion you could probably get away without a skimmer as long as you do proper water changes. :)

carey said:
In my opinion you could probably get away without a skimmer as long as you do proper water changes. :)

Would it make it easier on me though? And how big of water change would be required weekly?

if you don't overfeed the tank and do 15% a week like a normal water change you should be ok. Alot depends on you though. :)

if you don't overfeed the tank and do 15% a week like a normal water change you should be ok. Alot depends on you though. :)

Carey do I even need a skimmer since I am not planning on having anything other than corals?

I would go with no then, unless you have some sort of issue. I would go without and see how it goes then re-consider it then. :) No need to go crazy with equipment if it's not gonna be needed.

carey said:
I would go with no then, unless you have some sort of issue. I would go without and see how it goes then re-consider it then. :) No need to go crazy with equipment if it's not gonna be needed.

Thanks for the info carey

Back
Top Bottom