turbo snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What salinity & pH is the LFS water they come out of? After your drip have you tested to see if the bag now matches the tank?
And by drip method do you mean doubling the volume & discarding half, 3 times over?

turbo snails die

that is a very good point I never thought of that ,I have never tested the LFS water (but I will) what I mean by drip i let the bag float for 20 minutes then I add a small amount of my tank water every 15 minutes until the bag is full wait 10 more minutes and take out the snail with my hand , the last snail I bought was placed on my live rock and that did not work, i have lost the last 7 turbo's all from different LFS, I am not giving up I need a answer, friends keep telling my just don't buy snails anymore , no quitting!
Frank

yes your right , but all my water tests are perfect done by myself and all of the other LFS, and no copper and no metals, just do not know
banghead%20-%20Copy.gif

With that acclimation method I don't think you've equalized water conditions enough. If there's a large salinity and/or pH difference you've only cut it in half (approx).

Fish, Coral, and Invertebrate Acclimation Procedure: Adding New Fish to a Tank

In that guide they only "discard half" twice. I like to measure SG at that point and go again if it isn't equalized. LFS tends to be around 1.018-20, my tank is at 1.025, so it takes a while to match the bag to the tank. I like floating if I'm worried about temperature (like this time of year).

- D

Back
Top Bottom