Turtle and Gish together ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex93

Aquarium Advice Activist
Would I be able to put a turtle with my fish in my 55gallon they are two chichild two Molly's one plec one betta and one neon tetra ? Ove I would buy some floating land for the turtle and it a natural tank with sand and real plants also lots of little caves and hiding places for the fish

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice Edit - turtles and fish lol

I've never kept turtles myself but from what I've read they don't mix with fish at all... Not only do they have huge bioloads that the fish can't handle, the molly, betta, and neon would all be lunch. Depending on what the cichlid is, it may be on the menu as well.

You could always add a lot of feeder fish. If some get eaten oh well. Cheap, and beneficial to your turtles health.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It never works. If the turtle doesn't kill the fish himself, the fish will die from how much waste the turtles produce.

I've kept some feeder fish alive for a while.

I've got tetras with my softshell turtle. He's still small, though, but he doesn't go after them. My other turtles would have already ripped them up, though. So it might work for a while if the turtle is small enough, but otherwise no.

I've kept mbuna with a res and the fish actually pushed him around using his shell I never seen him go after them or my pleco.idk about bettas or mollies I would think the mollies would be lunch tho

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom