Two IDs with one pic!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuburg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,
I've had this tank setup for about 1 1/2 years, and these brown guys have started popping up on some of my live rock. They look like small zooanthids almost. They're near the top of the photo, and slightly out of focus, but hopefully it's good enough.
Also, there's a worm-like creature near the center of the picture. It has orange and almost purple coloring, and bristle-looking things along it's edges.

Thanks for the help,

matt

Attachments

• dsc00598_139.jpg
    dsc00598_139.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 182
The things at the top of the pic look like they might be hydroids. Or they could be tube worms. The worm is a bristle worm.

thanks for the quick reply on the IDs! For the hydroids, I read over that link you sent, some of those pictures definitely look the same. I saw that the link said to manually extract them. Yet some of the replies said to be very careful because they may be harmful to the touch (such as stinging) Have you heard of any other methods for getting rid of them?

Depends on the hydroid. You could try doing more water changes. Removing their food source may cause them to die out or if not, it may help to control them. I've never had that type of hydroid, only the small jelly type and they went away on their own. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Back
Top Bottom