Two young guppies dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lanasfish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok I started this tank about two weeks ago. I bred and raised these young guppies and randomly two died what could be going on IMG_2811.jpg

If the tank was only set up two weeks ago it is very likely not cycled. What are your parameters: ammonia, nitrite, and nitrAte measurements?

By looking at the picture the fish look bloated. If that is also food in the net with those babies. Looks like way over feeding. Looks like old flake food in the tank that rots. Fish will pick at old flake causes a load of problems. bad water quality bacteria and fungal infections including gas and bloat.

If the tank was only set up two weeks ago it is very likely not cycled. What are your parameters: ammonia, nitrite, and nitrAte measurements?

To be honest I never test my water. I have never ever had any problems so I don't know

By looking at the picture the fish look bloated. If that is also food in the net with those babies. Looks like way over feeding. Looks like old flake food in the tank that rots. Fish will pick at old flake causes a load of problems. bad water quality bacteria and fungal infections including gas and bloat.

It's not food it's pieces of plants from my tank.

Agree with previous posts. If you set the tank up two weeks ago it's probably not cycled, but with no tests we won't know.

Most likely cause is stress from ammonia in cycling tank leading to dropsy or something else that causes bloating, but that's just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom