Type of fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any idea what kind of fry these are?

I have neons, dwarf rainbow and used to have endlers. But I'm not certain these are any of those.

They appeared 4/29 after I purchased some plants and put in my tank. I suspect some eggs were on the plants.

IMG_9865.jpgIMG_9866.jpgIMG_9867.jpgIMG_9868.jpgIMG_9870.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also thinking rainbows, lfs had a tank full with their mother and I asked and was told they don't take rainbow shape until bigger. But I have not had any so not positive.

+2 On rainbows
At first I thought tetras of some kind, but the second set of pictures made it pretty clear. There was someone else I know that had a similar case, bought pennywort or something like that, all of a sudden fry appeared. Congrats!

Dwarf neon rainbows are in my main tank. IMG_8985.jpg

When I set up the 60l biorb I put plants in here from that tank as well.

+2 On rainbows
At first I thought tetras of some kind, but the second set of pictures made it pretty clear. There was someone else I know that had a similar case, bought pennywort or something like that, all of a sudden fry appeared. Congrats!

It's kinda freaking me out. It's like there is a fish fairy visiting and dropping random fry in my tank. Lol

If they are a little over a month would it be safe to move them to my main tank?

Fry are looking like their parents now. Getting a bit of color. All 6 are doing well. IMG_0424.jpgIMG_0434.jpgIMG_0441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom