Uh-oh... coral...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amq

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Maybe I'm just stupid and overlooking things, but I want to be sure...
I have just purchased a mushroom coral coated rock and the mushrooms are shrivelling. Could this be due to stress during acclimation or transport? Did I not acclimate correctly? Will they die or will they right themselves or do I have to do any special care for them to fix this?
Many thanks.

How did you acclimate them? What kind of lighting do you have and what kind were they under at the LFS? Shrooms are pretty tough little critters, and it's to be expected that they'll be a little peeved from the move, but should open up in a day or two.

Any chance you can post a picture?

I used the turkey baster method for about 30 minutes. Thank you very much. Is color loss also a part of stress and will it return?

How about some water test results so we can rule that out. I also think because of the move is some or all of the problem. I agree post a pic.

My camara is a bit dead at the moment. If they are still shrivelled in a few days I should have it reloaded and charged.

Test results: Nitrate--0, Nitrite and ammonia--0, pH--8.2, salinity--1.021. I'm out of my other testing kits, I'll have to pick some up. Hopefully it was just the move...

Back
Top Bottom