Uh oh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyami

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well....This may be a little late, I hope not, but I had a Hation Condy, and it did great for a few weeks, but about 4 days ago it dissapeared. It wasn't were it was put and I couldn't find it. Now I do remove dead things if I ever have any and wanted to do so, but since I didn't see it anywhere I just left everything alone. I was sitting here reading on the forum and looked over at my tank (Computer sits facing the tank to I can do both at the same time) and up goes the carcus of the condy. I know these are a stinging species, but how about after they are dead. Before I could get the tweezers out and remove the mass, it hit the powerhead and scattered into peices and the fish were chasing peices down and eating it. Do I have anything to be concerned about?

I did fish out everything I could, I wouldn't want an ammonia spike, but what about the sting cells? Are they still active and are the damsels and tang going to be alright?

I'm not to sure about the sting cells but i would say just do a decent sized PWC and you should be all right. What size is your tank and do you have a good skimmer?

As mentioned above just do a PWC and you`ll be OK. Two questions. Did you by any chance tear the foot or did your LFS do it when he got it out of his tank? What type lighting do you have?

Back
Top Bottom