Unable to keep Plecos Allive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwmcclung

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and am hopping that I can get some advice from anyone! To get to the point every single pleco I have ever tried to keep has died on me within a couple of weeks or months. The most recent was a queen arabesque that was healthy and active for 3-4 months now and suddenly this morning when I went to check the tank I saw that she was dead.

To put in a timeline I fed the whole tank braised veggies two nights ago (peas, spinach, and zuchini) and she was actively eating one of the zucchini chunks. I saw her moving around and seemed fine yesterday, but this morning she was dead.

This is most often the case with every other pleco I have tried to keep. They all seem fine and dandy one day, then they are dead the next morning without any warnings signs. My water parameters are all normal, where I live we have natuarally hard water but I counter that with almond leaves. I perform weekly water changes and gravel vac.

Please is anyone could help me with what could be going on. I seem to be able to keep Cory’s and other catfish just fine but for some reason I just can’t keep plecos. I love the pleco family of fish and would like to be able to keep them succesfully.

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Back
Top Bottom