Unbelievable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saywill

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK, so 2 days ago I did the usual partial water change and cleaning of the tank. That next night I went to feed the fish and I noticed that my snowflake eel wasnt coming around. It seemed strange but I didnt really think twice about it. Tonight, I feed the fish and still no sign of the eel. Now I am getting nervous. I start looking around the outside of the tank, no sign. I then look inside my container were I store my water for the partial changes. There he was, just hanging out in about 1/2 inch of water. I quickly placed him back in the tank, man, what strenth this thing has. Hopefully he will be fine.:eek:

You really need proper covering of the tank. ESPECIALLY snowflake eels. It says they are one of the greatest escape artists and will use anything to get out of the tank. Besides the fact that they can shoot out of the water. Saw a video on Utube about them. Crazy animals. Btw, what kind of fish do you have in that tank with him?

I had a one in my old tank. I decided to move it to my classroom when I was switching things around at home. I put it in a bucket with a large net covering the top the night before. My wife woke up and went into the den to work on the computer. A half hour later, I heard a blood curdling screem. It had gotten out of the bucket and scared her to death.

I put it in my tank at school. One Monday morning, I came in and it was on the ground. I have no idea how long it was there but its skin was completely dry so it was a while. I put him back in and he acted like nothing happened.

I had a one in my old tank. I decided to move it to my classroom when I was switching things around at home. I put it in a bucket with a large net covering the top the night before. My wife woke up and went into the den to work on the computer. A half hour later, I heard a blood curdling screem. It had gotten out of the bucket and scared her to death.

I put it in my tank at school. One Monday morning, I came in and it was on the ground. I have no idea how long it was there but its skin was completely dry so it was a while. I put him back in and he acted like nothing happened.

How does one tie down an eel? o_O Crazy stories!

You need to have a perfect cover on your tank. Like no openings that are big enough for them to get through. Otherwise they will try and escape.

You were pretty lucky saywill. It`s not always a happy ending. Glad everything turned out OK.

it just surprises me that I have had this eel for about a year, and now he wants out.

LOL, thats funny (and scary) but I cant believe it. I dont think I will ever get an eel though because they remind me too much of snakes and I have a phobia of snakes so that solves my probelm =)

How dare ya`ll say he looks like a snake. LOL He`s an eel.

100_1859.jpg

Hope he makes it, good luck. Seems like somethings on yourside. He could hav very well ended up like a many a fish and dried up on the carpet.

Back
Top Bottom