Unhealthy angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The ammonia level went up very suddenly. I actually think it's really cool that you're commenting on my question, I follow your posts and answers on AA a lot:)

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

:) cast of thousands really.

How's ammonia reading now? Also depends on water conditioner - maybe it detoxify's ammonia?

Was thinking of dosing with stability for the next few days to get the bacteria back to help reduce the ammonia and using prime to keep if from being toxic. Yeah the QT tank would have to be hidden if I was to have one ideally in the cabinet of the new tank lol but then it's the issue of keeping it running 7 days a week with no fish init like until one gets sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:) cast of thousands really.

How's ammonia reading now? Also depends on water conditioner - maybe it detoxify's ammonia?

I'm using aquarium salts, bacterial enhancer and Pimafix. The person at my LFS said to continue this for 4-5 days, do a water change with my conditioner and bacterial enhancer I believe then come back to get the water checked. She didn't let me take test strips for 'such a small problem'. :/

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

My conditioner is called API stress coat and I have to use that and the bacterial enhancer when I change the water from now on, with a bit of the salts.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Was thinking of dosing with stability for the next few days to get the bacteria back to help reduce the ammonia and using prime to keep if from being toxic. Yeah the QT tank would have to be hidden if I was to have one ideally in the cabinet of the new tank lol but then it's the issue of keeping it running 7 days a week with no fish init like until one gets sick

Worth a try with it. Seachem are not shy in promotion but good products imo. Lol on the QT. The bacteria will last for months in an empty tank but I was leaving a QT filter sponge in the main tank to keep seeded. Now's its a bit of a plant grow out tank but I must admit if it was a bit larger I'd have a betta in there :) There is a second cabinet that could hold a "spare" QT to the "main" QT but I'm holding off on trying that...

My conditioner is called API stress coat and I have to use that and the bacterial enhancer when I change the water from now on, with a bit of the salts.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Did they say what ammonia was? Stress coat will detoxify ammonia for a day or so, I've used that before. Is that API aquarium salt and API stress Zyme as well you are adding?

Also was it just the skinny angel fish, no other problems?

Did they say what ammonia was? Stress coat will detoxify ammonia for a day or so, I've used that before. Is that API aquarium salt and API stress Zyme as well you are adding?

Also was it just the skinny angel fish, no other problems?

The skinny angelfish was another fish keeper's question:p

She didn't say that, she only said that the ammonia is a bit off. I'm using the API Stress Coat when I do water changes along with Nutrafin Aquarium Salt. I'm also using Marineland Aquarium Bacteria and Pimafix.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Worth a try with it. Seachem are not shy in promotion but good products imo. Lol on the QT. The bacteria will last for months in an empty tank but I was leaving a QT filter sponge in the main tank to keep seeded. Now's its a bit of a plant grow out tank but I must admit if it was a bit larger I'd have a betta in there :) There is a second cabinet that could hold a "spare" QT to the "main" QT but I'm holding off on trying that...

Their prime is amazing compared to others as it's 1 5ml for 200 litres most other brands aren't that concentrated here's a photo of my angel fish today checked the water this morning still showing ammonia so non feed day today and think my water is getting better my rummynose's are colouring up a bit more. My 2 platinum angelfish have been like that a few times tbh. One just stares up like it's looking up at the lights also

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405521606.619280.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1405521615.567323.jpg

This is my angel fish looking up at the light ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405524060.968763.jpg

Water test 2 night between 0.25-0 ammonia 0 nitrites and 5-10 nitrates

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The skinny angelfish was another fish keeper's question:p

She didn't say that, she only said that the ammonia is a bit off. I'm using the API Stress Coat when I do water changes along with Nutrafin Aquarium Salt. I'm also using Marineland Aquarium Bacteria and Pimafix.

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Ah, got it - sorry. So dosing the salt and pimafix just as standard pwc or treating? Out of interest were you using the bacteria in a bottle when the fish got sick? I'm just curious as I've had once where I dosed a similar product and fish got a bacterial infection soon after. I'm assuming that is just coincidence but background behind the question.

Looking good. :) That does sound good news. Tail fin should grow back ok, could take a few weeks I've found.

The one with the tail fin is the one that's not eating and the majority of the time is like that think it's love sick as her partner died. The one with the stubby top is the one with the fuzz on a photo I put on before

The one with the tail fin is the one that's not eating and the majority of the time is like that think it's love sick as her partner died. The one with the stubby top is the one with the fuzz on a photo I put on before

Just a thought but re-arranging the tank decor may kick start the one with no partner now. Just an idea.

Issue with that is can't move the filters I've moved the deco around a few times every water change I have a rearrange

Yeah I know think she's love sick

Tempted to ask my mate did he want them when he buys my tank off me

I've a funny feeling my water is fine now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405598522.441140.jpg

Back
Top Bottom