Unhealthy tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ghost_Barb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon fish-tank that has been set up, and cycled with fish for about 2 weeks. I cycled it with a white molly, and it seems great in health. About a week ago i got 3 tiger barbs from a local pets plus. I acclimated them, and they did great! I wanted to expand my school, so a few days later i got 2 more at a local petsmart. Within 2 days, my very healthy barbs started looking unhealthy. At first, one of my newer barbs looked a little off balance. I wasn't very worried, as i thought the fish was stressed and needed some time in the tank. The next day, when i came home from school, I saw that ALL my barbs were like this. One of the very healthy ones was very off balanced, and when it stopped swimming, he flipped over! He struggled to get back up but every time he did he would flip again. By the end of the night, he had no control of his movement. I tested the water, and it seemed that all was at safe levels except my alkalinity, which was a little high, about 285-300. Ammonia was at .2. I did a water change before i went to bed. After the barbs seemed to be doing better. The next morning, he was dead. I got him out, and went to school. When i cam home i saw that a barb was missing, so i searched the tank and, sure enough, another had died. It was one of the healthier ones too. So i got him out. I did a water check, and it seems that alkalinity went down a tad, and ammonia went down a tad. As i checked my fish before i went to bed, i saw that one of my 3 barbs is flipping, and being off balance. I know he will be dead by morning. Please help! I have no idea what is going on, and when i asked at my local pet store, they have no idea either. Please help my barbs are running out of time! Already my last 2 healthy ones are showing signs of off balance.

Little guy didnt even make it though the night. He just died:(

Heres what they do

Attachments

• image-2001896075.jpg
    image-2001896075.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom