unidentified coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bill302

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please help me identify the coral in the pic. below. I believe its an open brain but do not know exactly what type of open brain....thanks.

Attachments

• 100_0529.jpg
    100_0529.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 123
Looks like a lobo. They like low-medium light and low flow. Probably best to put it more out in the light though and not under that rock (looks like it's in a shaded area?).

I have looked at the lobo images on goggle and really have not found a match??????

I have 2 t-5 10,000 k lights with 2 antic t-5 lights. I think this is enough for corals that's why I put the lobo under a rock in shaded area is this good?

Do you have another picture maybe from a different angle? It looks like some of it's skeleton is appearing too. 2 T5s(especially if they're not high output) isn't a lot, but it depends what size tank you have. How big is your tank? I recommend putting it in the middle. I had a lobo on the sandbed with 6 T5HOs and it did fine.

I bought it 2 weeks ago its looking better than when I first got it...I was wondering why this coral sat in the display tank for months before I bought it...I made a trade to the fish store and they offered this coral to me for a discount price....so here are some more pics. what do I need to do??? I did move it out from under the shade into a brighter area...Thanks

Attachments

• 100_0537.jpg
    100_0537.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 100_0538.jpg
    100_0538.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 72
You could feed it at night when the lights go out. It should take meaty foods. Those little bumps in the center are mouths. Other than that, good water parameters and moderate lighting.

Back
Top Bottom